April 3, 2020
National is here to help. As hospitals and care facilities are rushing to create new spaces, National’s Quick Response program offers a broad furniture portfolio that ships in 48 hours or delivers in 10 days or less. These pre-configured solutions offer easy-to-order and quick-to-receive vignettes for a variety of frontline spaces.
We want to quickly and easily provide furniture solutions to help during this unprecedented crisis. Our Quick Response program simplifies furniture selection, allowing you to focus on providing care and comfort. To continue to meet the ever-changing needs of our healthcare partners, we will update our Quick Response vignettes and products to accommodate necessity.
See full program details
April 1, 2020 Update:
As the impact of COVID-19 continues to evolve, we have been working to ensure that we prioritize the health of our employees and community while we continue to serve you, our valued customers. In the spirit of open communication, we are announcing shifts in our business operations that may impact your current or upcoming orders. We shared with you last week that we are adapting to the rapidly changing environment, including enabling our manufacturing workforce to take care of themselves and their families, as well as responding to the increased needs of the healthcare industry. We have provided all active, full-time manufacturing employees with ten days of additional “PTO for Crisis” to stay at home with their families when they choose to do so, with full pay and benefits. Many employees also expressed a desire to continue working, and we will leverage the talents of this workforce to prioritize specific products for the healthcare community.
Starting on Wednesday, April 1, Kimball International, of which National Office Furniture is a key business unit, will realign manufacturing operations to put the needs of our healthcare clients at the forefront:
- We will pause operations in six of our U.S. manufacturing facilities through April 13.
- We will continue operating four of our U.S. manufacturing facilities and our logistics operation.
- Our customer service and professional employees will continue to work remotely to serve our customers.
National will support the healthcare industry through our Quick Response program, providing products that ship quickly for those serving the COVID-19 crisis in triage areas, rapid response, communal and team support spaces. Our teams are also beginning to produce medical masks and shields for local health centers.
We will work to minimize the impact this shift in manufacturing operations has on your orders. While we have a focus on healthcare as a priority, we are accepting all orders. However, because this situation is fluid, we ask for your understanding. We will be taking the following steps to support all orders:
- Lead times for products will be adjusted on our website to showcase the most up-to-date information.
- Acknowledgement communications for open orders will be sent by early next week with updated ship dates.
- As you enter new orders, you can expect to receive acknowledgement communications beginning next week. It is our goal to resume our normal rhythm for the acknowledgement process at that time.
- The “Check Order Status” feature will be reinstated on our website next week to coincide with our acknowledgement process.
If you have immediate concerns regarding a current order, please reach out to your National customer service team.
Our teams are here to serve you, and we thank you for your continued partnership. We will continue to keep you informed.
March 25, 2020 Update:
At Kimball International, there is nothing more important than the health and safety of our employees, our customers and the communities in which we operate. As we face this time of unprecedented uncertainty, we have been taking action to proactively safeguard and support our people whose normal way of life is being impacted by COVID-19.
We appreciate your understanding as we work diligently to fulfill our order commitments while protecting our employees:
- As the situation is fluid, please understand lead times will be adjusted accordingly on our website
- Open Orders will be rescheduled over the course of this week as we gain more clarity on capacity
- As you enter new orders, you may experience a delay in receiving a confirmed ship date
Our teams are here to serve you as we navigate these unprecedented times, and we appreciate your continued support.
March 17, 2020 Update:
As the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation continues to develop around the world, we would like to share how our teams at National with the support of our parent company Kimball International are diligently focused on your continued service. Our commitment to our customers remains our focus, and our teams are available to support you.
For 70 years, Kimball International has been delivering products and customer service successfully and we fully intend to continue that throughout this unprecedented event.
Therefore, we have implemented a number of measures that will enable us to deliver best-in-class service, all the while working hard to keep our employees and communities safe:
- We have worked quickly to activate our business continuity plans so you will experience minimal impact in the day-to-day operations of our business.
- We have implemented remote-working capabilities for our employees to seamlessly service you and your team.
- To protect our customers and field-based employees, our showrooms will temporarily close for the next two weeks and we will update you as new information becomes available. Our local sales representatives and showroom managers are available to assist you for business continuity. As always, our website is a key resource to share our products and solutions.
- Enhanced safety protocols have been introduced in our manufacturing plants and warehouses to protect our valued team members that are creating your great products.
We can assure you National and Kimball International are strong, stable and well positioned to weather the path ahead. In these dynamic times, we hope this helps you to focus on taking your own precautions to remain safe and healthy as well. Nurturing what makes us strong – our partners and clients, our people and our communities - will always be at the center of what we do.
We are here to serve you, and we thank you for your continued partnership.
Access Material+Surface care guidelines